Thursday, November 1, 2007

The type of day, when Ducks Fly!

It was a crisp Thursday morning, and the mosquito's were swarming around our heads. the sun had just crested the mountain top, and decided to find the two camoflauged duck hunters, trying to hide from its blistering smile. A few hen ducks had flown into the plastic mounds of psuedo duck flesh, looking for a friend to talk with, all escaped the two armed warriors but one unlucky spoonbill feeling the cold steel of my brothers lead shot. Wait; what is that behind us? Kyle don't move!!! it's a Goose get your call out!!! EEEEEEEUUH, EEEEEEEEUUH here it comes. I looked over my left shoulder into the sun light and there it was; a HUGE Western Canadian Goose. I had only a few moments to take control of my ratling hands and pounding Chest. I took a slow deep breath, and looked down the barrel of my 12 gauge, BOOOMB, BOOOMB!!

and there it was, my first Goose. I did not even notice the half mile of wadding in thigh high stale water. there was my bird. Here is the picture in the field. What a day!!!!

2 comments:

Bruce Crowther said...

Awesome! I can only imagine that heart-pounding experience that must have been. Thanks for sharing that!

Bruce

LuAnn said...

I almost want to hunt now.