Well, the day finally came.
EmiLee's first day of pre-school was today! Staying true to our family tradition I, the Dad, got to take her to school on the first day. I am lucky that her teacher is a very close friend of mine! Kris Mecham Nguyen; I grew up with Kris and have known her my entire life. In fact, since we moved back to my old neighborhood, her parents live right next door to us! She also married one of my best friends from High School. Needless to say, Robyn and I love her and know her well. When I dropped EmiLee off this morning I contemplated waiting for her outside for the full 2 hours like I did with Ethan. I then realized how comfortable I feel with Kris , so I began to leave. EmiLee sure knows how to pull at my heart strings; I gave her a kiss and a hug and then walked back to the truck but as soon as I got to the truck she ran back to me and said "Dad give me a kiss and a hug, kiss and a hug". I almost cried right there! Thank goodness I am man enough to hold the tears until I am alone. I gave her the "kiss and a hug" and after school we went on a daddy daughter date to get a shake.
I love that little girl!!!! Daddy's Baby Best Girl.

1 comment:
It's hard now to imagine that I'll be sad when I take my kids to school, but I'm sure I will be. You meant pre-school...right? Is Ethan in pre-school this year, too?
Post a Comment